Getting Married? Don't Forget Financial Issues.
Valentine’s Day was yesterday. So the world has lots of newly engaged couples.
Many marriages are strained due to financial issues.
Here are some financial issues to think about before marriage or shortly after marriage as a newlywed.
· Will financial accounts be joint or separate?
· Who will take care of financial matters?
· What are your goals (immediate, long term)?
· Who will be guardian of your children?
· Have you talked about each spouse’s risk tolerance for investments?
· Do you want a health care power of attorney?
· Will you file a joint tax return?