Minimizing Your Taxes and Managing Your Complex Affairs

Tax Tips, Finance Tips, Fun Events

Tips for Individuals, Businesses and Charities. Fun Events.

California Charities: Don't Forget to Register with the Attorney General Each Year

On occasion, I see some charities fulfill their income tax reporting with the Franchise Tax Board, but forget they must register as a charity each year with the Franchise Tax Board.

Charities and trustees registered with the Attorney General's Registry of Charitable Trusts must file the appropriate registration renewal fee with the Annual Registration Renewal Fee Report (RRF-1) based on the registrant's gross annual revenue for the preceding fiscal year.

The fee ranges from 0 to $300.

The annual registration requires basic financial data (assets and revenue) as well as answering questions about financial transactions, government grants and fundraising.

If you are enjoying my tax and finance tips and would like to buy me a beverage

Richard Pon CPA, CFP